I have got my leave. Bid me farewell, my brothers!
I bow to you all and take my departure.
Here I give back the keys of my door
---and I give up all claims to my house.
I only ask for last kind words from you.
We were neighbors for long,
but I received more than I could give.
Now the day has dawned
and the lamp that lit my dark corner is out.
A summons has come and I am ready for my journey.
Rabindranath Tagore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Farewell by Rabindranath Tagore )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Retrospektive, skender iljaz braka
- Catharine, Gert Strydom
- Ne zemer te netevee te tua, skender iljaz braka
- EYES ARE FOR LOOK, maqsood hasni
- READ FROM EYES, maqsood hasni
- Në rrethin e hënës., skender iljaz braka
- Love, Susmit Panda
- Mummy Rosalia Lombardo, Richard Thripp
- Where trees stand in the winter night as.., Gert Strydom
- Sometimes I yearn for you to be near, Gert Strydom