Joseph T. Renaldi
Farewell To Summer
Farewell to summer's azure sky,
Rays of lustrous sunlight,
Fluffy, white clouds floating by,
The scintillating stars at night.
Farewell to Summer's sandy shore,
The pinnacle of the shade trees,
The clear, rushing water of a creek,
The rolling waves of the surging seas.
Farewell to Summer's whispery rain,
Intermittent breezes that come and go,
Many birds in regularly recurring song,
Nocturnal beetles with bodies aglow.
Farewell to Summer's multiple activities,
Reunions, vacations, entertainment and more,
Summer delighted us with blessings like these -
Memorable thoughts of Summer days to store.
Joseph T. Renaldi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Farewell To Summer by Joseph T. Renaldi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- <<< Brute Power, Abdul Wahab
- The Green Flash ll, Morgan Michaels
- AN UGLY WAR VERSUS A PRETTY PEACE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Mosley Manor, marriam anderson
- Desire, Avinash Nair
- My Grieving Heart, Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- The Green Flash, Morgan Michaels
- The Rough Guide to Romantic Comedy, James Thomas Miller
- Recessional, James Thomas Miller
- Poverty Streets, Darren David Weaver