Faster Than a Speeding Bullet
At 180 does the fast train go
From Sheffield to London and back again.
Stopping at Chesterfield, Derby and Leicester,
It goes to London town and then
It returns to Sheffield with more passengers
In two hours seven minutes flat.
It travels much faster than a speeding bullet,
Or than a shuttlecock hit by a bat.
Run by East Midlands Trains,
And Midland Mainline before,
And by Intercity before that,
A fast journey they had in store.
From Sheffield to London and back again,
The fast train speeds along
A railway that links those towns,
And is the subject of this song.
Andrew Hamm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Faster Than a Speeding Bullet by Andrew Hamm )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I am ok as I am, Tim Holmes Jr
- Raindrops - Greek Version, Elia Michael
- Did Jesus Make Love?, Monk E. Biz
- Darkness and Light, Terrance Tracy
- OUT OF DAYS' BELLIES من بطون الايام, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Hide and sick play, gajanan mishra
- Hide and sick, gajanan mishra
- OUT OF DAYS' BELLIES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- It is better to write a poem, gajanan mishra
- Years are fine, Cigeng Zhang