Faster Than a Speeding Bullet
At 180 does the fast train go
From Sheffield to London and back again.
Stopping at Chesterfield, Derby and Leicester,
It goes to London town and then
It returns to Sheffield with more passengers
In two hours seven minutes flat.
It travels much faster than a speeding bullet,
Or than a shuttlecock hit by a bat.
Run by East Midlands Trains,
And Midland Mainline before,
And by Intercity before that,
A fast journey they had in store.
From Sheffield to London and back again,
The fast train speeds along
A railway that links those towns,
And is the subject of this song.
Andrew Hamm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Faster Than a Speeding Bullet by Andrew Hamm )
- PARTNERS IN CRIME, Terry Collett
- Palace of death - this body, gajanan mishra
- Twelve Step Heaven, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Hardcastle Crags, Sylvia Plath
- Burning The Letters, Sylvia Plath
- On Edge at Midnight, Kimani wa Mumbi
- Why do we need friends, Bineeta Kharga
- My Body ain't a Lab, it's a Temple. Wors.., Kimani wa Mumbi
- Black Pine Tree In An Orange Light, Sylvia Plath
- treasure and love, sultan mahmud
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan