Palas Kumar Ray
Fate Of A Birthday Resolution
In less than two months from now
I will be crossing my 47 the milestone of age.
This is again a time for me to make
an old birthday resolution again anew.
I contemplate if this year I can
breakthrough the repeating of failures
in keeping my promises made to myself.
I wish this time I don't forget it later soon.
© Palas Kumar Ray.All rights reserved.
Palas Kumar Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fate Of A Birthday Resolution by Palas Kumar Ray )
- Their moral decline anytime انحدارهم ال.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A surrealistic image صورة سوريالية, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- In 80s, Nassy Fesharaki
- A Walk in the Woods, Abdul Malik Mandani
- Natural Alliance, Abdul Malik Mandani
- Stop your Sobbing (haiku), Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- Beauty in Nature and Human Creativity, Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- bruised squeezed sweet fruit, Is It Poetry
- That awkward curfew حظر التجول الحرج ذلك, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Abroad, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)