Father Comforts Tearful Nora,6
I think you're right, Nora.
There must be a Man in the Moon
and a Man in the Sun
changing light bulbs all day long.
They are shy gentlemen
the garden gnome said yesterday.
A smile from you, I'm sure,
would make them blush.
The Man in the Moon
might hide behind a cloud
and the Man in the Sun
might dive behind a star.
But now and then
both of them would peek to see
if Nora ever smiles again
Donal Mahoney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Father Comforts Tearful Nora,6 by Donal Mahoney )
- Open it happily, hasmukh amathalal
- Footless though, gajanan mishra
- One reason, hasmukh amathalal
- Erotic Cup, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- I Want To Play All Day and..., Monk E. Biz
- Every Poem Reveals Another Kind Of Sadness, Shalom Freedman
- Gramophone- Erotic Haiku Poetry, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Dangerous Attraction, Sandra Feldman
- Dogmatic is not charismatic, Aftab Alam
- The Soul Killer~, Monk E. Biz