Look thru my eyes and tell me does this amaze you.
It doesn't shock me but it's true.
To know the one you call your daughter calls me daddy.
I feed her and cloth her.
I change her dapier and tuck her in at night.
I'm the man of my house.
But you have the nerve to look me in my eyes and say she's not mines.
Not by blood that is true.
But in her eyes I'm realier then you.
I'm her everything and her only.
Walkin around, yellin you a grown man.
But how you gone be a man when you don't know what that is.
You are not real.
It's crazy to not exsits.
Your just a ghost.
A lost soul that hasn't found himself.
But your not dead like a ghost.
Your alive and well but just lost.
Maybe when you find out how to be a man.
You can come around and see your daughter again.
Better yet, just come around and I'll show you how to be a man.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Father Figure by Kristopher Gathright )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- My plaints, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- The Blind's thought, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- Like a snake, Eleonora Bistrianu
- Infractions Rained Down Tears, mary douglas
- Time. Us. Stay., Eleonora Bistrianu
- Scuttled away, Eleonora Bistrianu
- Exist. Exist. Exist., Eleonora Bistrianu
- I'm His Angel 4 Life, Samantha Jorgensen
- Vulnurable, Somanathan Iyer
- Only to be experienced!, Somanathan Iyer