I am 14. A boy just in my teens.
The death of my father,
Was brought to me by the newspaper.
Head lines screamed.
As if more than my nights endless deep.
The media was banging away,
My soul was fading away.
I was trying to see reason,
All I heard is treason,
I was wanting to be with solitude,
In my mothers mourning and her altitude,
All I got is bytes, of sounds, bites of life.
My father is dead and gone, but you also killed me along.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Fathers Hanging. by Hardik Vaidya )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Home coming, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Repetition Compulsion Syndrome, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- ETC1, shuvo chakraborty
- Gamble with faith, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Brain is the link., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Fireworks Of Ideas, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sleep it away., Gary Hembree
- Adil Jussawalla The Poet, Bijay Kant Dubey
- It's Morning, Dr Ronnie Bai
- She and He, Dr Ronnie Bai