Fear Not Dear (A birthday poem for my daughter)
Tomorrow is my daughter's birthday. She entered her teens last year. I dedicate these thoughts to her.
Dear, as you start on a new year
I exhort you not to falter or fear
Fear not failure, obstacles or oppositions
For, these propel you to new positions!
The grass that pierces the earth's crust
The chick that breaks its shell
The lamb that stands tall from its birth
All these have a story to tell.
The ignorant baby buried deep inside you
Came kicking out of a closed womb
Any place if we did not outgrew
We should call it our tomb!
The mass that covers the seed of a plant
Seeds the force that pierces the land
The power that shells the chick of a hen
Feeds the power that breaks it open
From every wall that blocks and bullies you
Draw the power to persist and pursue
Call it the law of motion or laws of Newton
Every force contains the seed of its opposition!
Happy Birthday Dear!
TheBigThinkg Human's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fear Not Dear (A birthday poem for my daughter) by TheBigThinkg Human )
- Losing Your Temper, Edward Kofi Louis
- Testing Memories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To Watch My Steps, Edward Kofi Louis
- Must Not Withdraw, Zulfiqar Ali Bhatti
- To blow the scent of flowers of friendsh.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Badagry, Edward Kofi Louis
- drawn to the mountain, Thomas Leathandrum
- To Reward You, Edward Kofi Louis
- Pysch notes chapter 2, imani halley
- Wiles, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Percy Bysshe Shelley