Fear of Yema
In me dies the fear of God.
He is to me mere a witness.
In me dies the fear of men.
Their backs are well discernable.
In me dies the fear of women
As I got rid of my shame.
In me dies the fear of dark
As I know the light as a quilt.
In me dies the fear of space,
Found alike under dome and tomb.
In me lies the fear of Time;
Yema is sighted in the yard.
Fear of Yema
Kills love of all.
[Yama is the Hindu God that terminates one’s life. Riding on a buffalo, he execute,
Without a hearing or mercy.]
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fear of Yema by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Deciding They Will Run, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Cutting Edges Plaguing, Terence G. Craddock
- Curse, MAD DEW
- Nature's Glory, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- A SECRET, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Life Image Distortions, Terence G. Craddock
- From Chibok With Love, Adeosun Olamide
- Happy Teacher's Day,2014, India, Dr John Celes
- Established To Accept, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I Feel So Stupid, Lawrence S. Pertillar