Its that time of year again when the fires rage
for romantic nights and warm sensations wrapping
around you like a mink blanket. The candles
flicker a heartshaped flame and the table embroidery
clean and white like our new beginnings.
I just want to to hold your hand and read your eyes
glow in its sparkle and soak in its warmth.
What more can I ask for?
As Valentines Day counts down to its private
messages, I like
to start my own message build up
for that special day when our bodies and souls
will melt into moments of complete
We are one already.
Heres a dozen rose kisses to confirm it!
A dozen rose kisses for you!
© Marshall Gass. All rights reserved.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (February Wanting by Marshall Gass )
- Time is Change, Taqueia Brown
- The Very First Days of Autumn, Hebert Logerie
- Red, Nate Crow
- Always wrong, hasmukh amathalal
- Satan's obsessions, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- War (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- Finally hope fades away, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- What can we do not to sin again? ? ? ?, ademola oluwabusayo
- Childhood collection poem -4, soulful heart
- Tell me you love me, Tiku akp
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Blackberry-Picking, Seamus Heaney
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)