Feeding The Fire
Why is there no one here for me,
No companion for my heart?
I'm tired of pretending, wearing this mask,
Too long have I played the part
How can a heart feel so displaced,
Not knowing where it should be;
Even a bird, lost in its flight
Finds comfort in a welcoming tree
The sun and stars have been tended to,
Their courses have all been charted;
But yet I wander, lost in a fog,
Hope for guidance long departed
The decay of happiness is choking me,
I'm drowning in my own tears;
Still, I wait for The Light to come
And guide me through happier spheres
But my pilgrimage is almost over,
For my hunger and thirst - no relief!
So I'm burning my robe and my sandals,
Feeding the fire with all my Beliefs!
Lora Colon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Feeding The Fire by Lora Colon )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- CITY OF LOVE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Polyamory, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- HEARTBREAK 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Multiple children, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- If I Had a Voice, Lee Gelis
- Together, Kindred velarde
- As Stories Go, Lee Gelis
- Truth Prevails, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- By all means stay, Kindred velarde
- The Only Thing Received, Kindred velarde