Feel The Moment ‘Now’
Millions of people have been slaughtered
In the name of religion in the past.
Millions of people have been put to death
To establish the rule of communism.
Countless are the dead in both the world wars,
And for liberation or equality.
Millions are sacrificing their lives
Doing penance for the unseen bliss.
Almost the whole population march ahead
With a focus on a goal or a thrill.
Thus one forgets to live the moment ‘now’.
Regrets of the past and hopes of the future
Engulf one from feeling the moment ‘now’.
Set not lofty goals; feel the moment ‘now’.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Feel The Moment ‘Now’ by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Chuh, John deVries
- Blurry, Jose Armando Guzman
- Salome (Rubiyat sonnet), Gert Strydom
- See everything pure, gajanan mishra
- When I hold you tightly against me, Gert Strydom
- the gramophone record, Somanathan Iyer
- the idiot box, Somanathan Iyer
- We can't live, Somanathan Iyer
- Ideals, Somanathan Iyer
- That's Racist, Lawrence S. Pertillar