Feel The Moment ‘Now’
Millions of people have been slaughtered
In the name of religion in the past.
Millions of people have been put to death
To establish the rule of communism.
Countless are the dead in both the world wars,
And for liberation or equality.
Millions are sacrificing their lives
Doing penance for the unseen bliss.
Almost the whole population march ahead
With a focus on a goal or a thrill.
Thus one forgets to live the moment ‘now’.
Regrets of the past and hopes of the future
Engulf one from feeling the moment ‘now’.
Set not lofty goals; feel the moment ‘now’.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Feel The Moment ‘Now’ by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
Did you read them?
- Song, Blessing Ekpe
- Everyone Asks, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Sooner or later عاجلا ام اجلا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Fools Game, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Dragons Of The Night, David Harris
- Spread Some Love, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- True Romance, Electric Lady
- For every smile thus there the stars of .., Raymond Sawyer
- he Gift, david kush
- I'm always like this, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- It Is the Hour, George Gordon Byron
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- This is Just to Say, William Carlos Williams
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1927)
(5 November 1494 – 19 January 1576)