Something which seems clamorous and compelling
Crucial and critical it seems to be yelling
Important, indispensable, an absolute must
Really, can you explain to me what is all the fuss?
That feeling which claims you must light up a smoke
On what authority does it say you are yoked?
Who said you must always bow to its wishes?
Who said you have to listen to something so vicious?
(Sydney, Australia - 2004)
Alessandra Liverani's Other Poems
Read poems about / on: light
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fiddle Faddle by Alessandra Liverani )
- Sink deep, hasmukh amathalal
- It's on Sale, Doug Jones
- I Sang, Vera Sidhwa
- Something Just Touched Me, Stephen Warren Williams
- Waiting too Volunteer, michael walkerjohn
- Embargo all over, hasmukh amathalal
- Time shall, hasmukh amathalal
- Dreamology, Sandra Feldman
- Till last time, hasmukh amathalal
- no blue/no green, delilah contrapunctal.... ye ..
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(20 October 1854 – 10 November 1891)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(6 January 1878 – 22 July 1967)