Some sort of smoke
Caught my attention...
It came from your fiery eyes
Smoke filled my lungs,
Suffocating my consciousness.
Seeing through those rising flames
To your icy center
Was a discovery I could not
Connect to the truth.
Volcanic waves swept me away,
Catching your fiery eyes again.
You melted me,
Branded my heart to your chest.
I do not play with such
Fiery eyes, ever since
The smoke caught my attention.
Topic(s): love lost
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Fiery Eyes by Sara Hart )
- When you know God, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Hymn, Sir Henry Wotton
- Raja Ravi Varma, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Psalm CIV, Sir Henry Wotton
- Friendship, Afshan Fatima
- Shaking Off The Finger Tip, Is It Poetry
- Golden Glow, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- A Prayer, Nicholas Breton
- Invective: The Hate Of Treason, Nicholas Breton
- Goodbye Elias, Tony Adah
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)