RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Final Fragrance Of Life
A journey of life has almost been completed,
folding gently like a rose about to fall to the ground.
Fragrant scent even now fading from existent smells;
turning away from the rest of the flowers in the garden
to pursue the afterglow of death upon a far distant
horizon from the one we know.
Traveling alone, weary from many years on earth,
preferring quiet solitude, walking solitarily through
final preparations of death.
Reminiscing, visiting with close relatives who have
already gone on ahead in years gone by.
Touching the final fragrance of life, passing by on it's
way to dying, we forget our lives on earth.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Final Fragrance Of Life by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- parental guidance unfin, lee fones
- Missing of the Birds, Michael Lee Johnson
- Schizophrenia Night, Michael Lee Johnson
- late night vision, Gulsher john
- Rod-Strokes Survival, With a Deadly Hamm.., Michael Lee Johnson
- Kissing The Egg Shells of Dead Babies, A.j. Binash
- Shiv and Shakti, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love Is War, Justin Molebatsi
- Shut Up You Drug Addict (Clean Version), Paula Glynn
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -50, Ronjoy Brahma