A scene for romance, a bottle of wine,
Ripe olives, some pasta, any kind of dance
Takes me back to long ago days of my youth,
When as a young girl, I dreamed of romance,
Finding it first between the pages of a book.
It’s midnight, a taste of desire like fine wine, ah....
His clean shaven face, his gentle ways, his embrace
Sitting closely together in the gondola...who knew
A fire could be kindled without striking a match
Or or that passion could burn so intensely?
Dim the damn lights, damn the romantic nights~
I sit here perusing one novel after another, the chill
Of this lonely night, has me obsessed, has me
Longing for yet another chapter of ecstasy, a few
moments more, before I come to the last page.
Jackie Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Finding Romance by Jackie Allen )
- You are the Best!, Rachel Nichols
- Close not, gajanan mishra
- When I Was A Birch Tree, Richard Provencher
- Damsel of Paradise, ramesh rai
- Satellite Feed, Susan Lacovara
- Feeling Victorious, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- In A Creche In The Mountains, Robert Rorabeck
- Save yourself, gajanan mishra
- True love.....?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.21, Monk E. Biz