A scene for romance, a bottle of wine,
Ripe olives, some pasta, any kind of dance
Takes me back to long ago days of my youth,
When as a young girl, I dreamed of romance,
Finding it first between the pages of a book.
It’s midnight, a taste of desire like fine wine, ah....
His clean shaven face, his gentle ways, his embrace
Sitting closely together in the gondola...who knew
A fire could be kindled without striking a match
Or or that passion could burn so intensely?
Dim the damn lights, damn the romantic nights~
I sit here perusing one novel after another, the chill
Of this lonely night, has me obsessed, has me
Longing for yet another chapter of ecstasy, a few
moments more, before I come to the last page.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Finding Romance by Jackie Allen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- You Are My Master, Lilly Emery
- Summer time to have fun, Arafat Driche
- *Heart...oh...Heart*, Arafat Driche
- 'Oh, Heart''Oh, Heart'..., Arafat Driche
- HearT! ? ...., Arafat Driche
- The Art of Praying, Dr John Celes
- Auto-Abuse, No Charge, not $7.11 @ 7-11 .., LUVinThe NOW
- we won't even have the circus, Mandolyn Davidson
- doing donuts in the mojave desert, Mandolyn Davidson
- 'Thank You Trees', Christina Sunrise