the critics now have me
drinking champagne and
driving a BMW
and also married to a
Philadelphia's Main Line
which of course is going to prevent me
from writing my earthy
and grubby stuff.
and they might be
I could be getting to be
more like them,
and that's as close to
death as you can
but don't bury me yet.
don't worry if I drink with
just measure the poems
as they come off the
listen only to them.
after this long fight
I have no intention of
Charles Bukowski's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (finished? by Charles Bukowski )
Did you read them?
- The Nature's Paradise, Eshan Gupta
- Welcome celebration, hasmukh amathalal
- Flow with time, hasmukh amathalal
- five hundred and whatever..., Mandolyn ...
- Copyrights, Mark Heathcote
- Freedom Not Permitted, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Feel bad, hasmukh amathalal
- Why Do You Want to Destroy?, Mantu Mahakul
- Fibonacci: Cosmic Spiral, Lorraine Margueritte Gasrel ..
- Reflection On Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
Percy Bysshe Shelley