*Fire of Life (school assignment 9th)
Life is fire
Some flames burn brightly,
sparking and erratic,
continuously fueled by adventure and excitement.
Others glow faintly,
a breath of wind could put them out.
These need nurturing,
need love and care to kindle their flames.
Keep a flame close,
be cautious of how it’s handled.
Cradle a flame within your hands,
protect it from rain and wind and peril
Speak to it with the softest whisper.
A flame only gets one chance,
So easy to go wrong
to make a simple mistake
that extinguishes a flame forever.
Jane Meyer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (*Fire of Life (school assignment 9th) by Jane Meyer )
- Adam's Story: Redemption, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- купить крест торетто, kvazy1 kvazy1
- To surrender, gajanan mishra
- Drink, Mark Webster
- Veneration Celebration, Wood Nymph
- My Perfect Moment, Mark Webster
- Yes, I've Started Loving Self!, Nishant Seeker
- Twinkle twinkle little star, ramesh rai
- The Waiting, Jeremy Rascon
- Metaphysical Martyr, James Darwin Smith II
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)