*Fire of Life (school assignment 9th)
Life is fire
Some flames burn brightly,
sparking and erratic,
continuously fueled by adventure and excitement.
Others glow faintly,
a breath of wind could put them out.
These need nurturing,
need love and care to kindle their flames.
Keep a flame close,
be cautious of how it’s handled.
Cradle a flame within your hands,
protect it from rain and wind and peril
Speak to it with the softest whisper.
A flame only gets one chance,
So easy to go wrong
to make a simple mistake
that extinguishes a flame forever.
Jane Meyer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (*Fire of Life (school assignment 9th) by Jane Meyer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Bluened Tones, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Y/.. Thirst, Aufie Zophy
- Enchanting Essence And Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Y/.. Much more, Aufie Zophy
- Awaiting Universe Claims A Seconds Thought, Terence G. Craddock
- Crying Sun, Bill Cantrell
- Opening Wisdom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- MAN LIVES ONE TIME ON OUR EARTH الانسان .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Touching Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Silent Plains, Brandt Nightingale