First Day - Std. I - (Lessons for the Teacher!)
A new year, and fifty
bright, sunny faces-
washed squeaky clean.
Looking in askance.
I smile, as I walk in.
The sun dims a little,
patches of clouds building up-
a thunder storm in the making.
Knowing I’m the demi-god
who made it happen-
I know I need to switch roles..
Cross the divide
(The Teacher’s Table)
And be one with the Dew Drops-
with them this precious moment.
Be not the wind,
but the water – adapt, carry and flow!
For it is in the child’s laughter
That the lessons of life are best learnt!
Usha Pisharody's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (First Day - Std. I - (Lessons for the Teacher!) by Usha Pisharody )
- I regret that night in Vegas, but I don'.., Mandolyn ...
- The call to shine, Adele Bercich
- MIRROR MIRROR, shannon strauss
- The Time of Nectar, Pintu Mahakul
- MIKE WASN'T HAPPY, shannon strauss
- Read all the narratives, Mark Heathcote
- Splendour, Robin Skyrde
- Am An African, Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- Invisible Walls, S. I. Rednow
- COPLA 108 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan