First Day To School
It is a winter morning
The sun is arisen in the East
To the God I'm praying
In a splendour dawn, full of mist.
'Let me stay well, let my wish be fulfilled'
To the God I urge my will.
I'm both anxious and curious
As its my first day to the school
'My son, go now' asks my mother pious
And I go wearing a sweater made of wool
'I shall not go, I shall not go', I shout
Listening thrilling stories from other's mouth.
Beating or grasping ears in own hand-
All punishing methods are well-known
'Do the home-work and reach before band',
One said 'otherwise ups and downs'.
Yet I had to go school being gloomy
Leaving fear behind, carrying hope dreamy.
At last I'm under the roof of the school
Somewhat coyness, somewhat fear
So beautiful my school beside a pool
As if, the garden called me as 'dear'
Emitting its fragrance all around
That very day by the school I was bound.
Pijush Biswas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (First Day To School by Pijush Biswas )
- Should We Kill Poetry, Tony Adah
- Look deep in my eyes, obed obser
- No Pussy In Hell, Buddy Bee Anthony
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ- 79, Ronjoy Brahma
- Stay That Way, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Veins, Vines, And Vineyard Sweepings, Dexsta Ray
- Once There Was Love, Guy Shaked
- Silent Aspirations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- None But I Myself Am A Witness To Contem.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Need To Know, Michael McParland