Mary Jesusa Villegas
I f he said 'I love you'
He does love you
He loves you and you
But not really you.
Man is so focused of him-self
that He loves you
because he only loves the way
you appear to be
say 'I'm 18 and free'
that they wanted you to be.
I'm not bitter nor broken-hearted
Loveless, neird with a beird or rejected
I'm just being self-ish.
Sometimes I forget about all of you.
All I remember is my-self
And I become Self-ish
But that's just how a human is
But that's just a human frailty
but should always be seen as pretty.
scales get tired weekly
gills die quickly
swims in the ocean of the greedy
Mary Jesusa Villegas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fish by Mary Jesusa Villegas )
- Lions are the pet of Fox, Aftab Alam
- Gently, Agboyi Felix
- Culture And Custom, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rare Object, Naveed Akram
- 2014, Edward Kofi Louis
- Death My Greatest Curse, Henry Isiekwe
- At Home, Edward Kofi Louis
- Return Of The Chariot, Naveed Akram
- Getting Ready, Terry Collett
- Trampled, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)