This morning I sprayed the flies
that have been harassing me in my kitchen.
They've been dropping dead ever since
well like flies.
I feel strangely guilty-
after all they're dirty things
but life is life.
Does 'thou shalt not kill'
apply to flies too? -
Am I some kind of household Hitler?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Flies by Gillian Commerford )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Touching Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Silent Plains, Brandt Nightingale
- Pull A String, Blushing, Ryan Scales
- Stillness, Brandt Nightingale
- After All, Ryan Scales
- Poet Freak Tide Wave Words, Terence G. Craddock
- A PRETTY MARRIAGE OF OUR TIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Horrible Howl In A Winter Wonderland I.., Ryan Scales
- A Horrible Howl In A Winter Wonderland, Ryan Scales
- 21 Shades Of Blue Intertext Part 1: The .., Ryan Scales