The feathers would flutter in the wind like and angels.
The wings would lift me off this Hell they call Earth.
And Bring me to the sky...
Let me glide high above the others.
I'd be beautiful.
I'd be a miracle.
My wings soft as satin
Soft as velvet.
I'd fly from coast to coast
Pole to Pole.
Nothing would stop me
not even the winds of Chicago.
Not even the missiles in the places of war.
I'd never stop
Just to get away from everyone else.
Adrenaline, oh the adrenaline rushing through my veins.
It's not from trouble
it’s from the wind furling the feathers.
I open my eyes to the nasal ring of an alarm clock.
And oh how I wish it was from the wind flowing through my fiery red hair
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Flying by sare gibbs )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Raat ke andhere me, Aftab Alam
- I lost my game, Praveen Gola
- Devil's cry, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- An illegitimate legend, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Happiness, Praveen Gola
- WORDS PLAY, Satish Verma
- Little Fishermen, Edgar Albert Guest
- Snooping 'Round, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Father Of The Man, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Tramp, Edgar Albert Guest