Following A Practice
Getting rid of the pricking pains
I had in losing you,
Many of them advise me -
'Better You practice to forget her'.
But instead I find myself -
To be far more attached to you
Following the practice
Of never recalling you.
Grasping a new matter
Is difficult so far I knew
Is not easy even -
That's what I'm convinced now.
It's very easy to advise someone
To forget them who had left
But truly it's difficult enough
To erase those fond memories.
Just to say for the sake of saying
We invariably do say something.
But mostly we not think before
'Am I really doing any justice to it'?
Amitava (20.06.2014) 3-15 am
Amitava Sur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Following A Practice by Amitava Sur )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Magritte and This Morning Bewick's Wren, W.M. Rivera
- I Wish You Well, Midnights Voice
- Change, Sandra Feldman
- Bengal Tiger in Trouble, rohan bendre
- Think Before You Speak, Sandra Feldman
- Gratitude of my mother., Vishal Sharma
- My numb vessals of thoughts, Vishal Sharma
- I Have Decided, Silas Egbowon
- Poets (bilingual), Sandra Feldman
- OUR STREETS شوارعنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI