C. P. Sharma
O Food, your glory is so great,
Strength of limbs you generate.
It should be of our own choice,
Or with guileless friends rejoice.
O delicious, sweet luscious food,
Come; see all health it includes.
All guile and ill health elude,
Keep away bad mood & feud.
Nature everywhere food provides:
In plains, on plateau and hill sides.
Just as wind blows everywhere,
Savory juices all over supplies.
Food for creatures of all types,
Of high, low neck and stripe
As the food Nature assigns,
Teeth, beak & mouth design.
O food, you boost great gods’ spirit,
Morale of the brave you ever uplift.
Helped to kill nefarious Dragon,
Glorious victory over it was won.
The juices of watery food fresh,
Dissolve all superfluous flesh.
Milk & grain protect the frame,
So as I muscular power claim.
Creation, around food galvanized,
Ever wraps up and rematerialize.
Note: Inspired by Rig Veda (1/187)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Food by C. P. Sharma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My hero(Bob Dylan), Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Azal se aashna..., Azhar Sabri
- Going For Gold, Angela Wybrow
- A Tragic Fairy Tale, Pankti Vadalia
- Sealed Lips, Tony Adah
- Autumn, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Reasons Not To Visit Dachau, Leslie Philibert
- St. Valentine's Day, Edgar Albert Guest
- Pleasure's Signs, Edgar Albert Guest
- Bud Discusses Cleanliness, Edgar Albert Guest