for a friend
and i'll be here for you
when you fall.
i've read the end of
your well written book.
he always ends up leaving cinderella in the end,
the eternal sunset bleeds away.
i've seen and known and loved and lost.
my friend i fear for
your eyes, now so bright
i fear for
your mind, now in the clouds
most though, i fear for
your heart, now full.
they tend to scatter the pieces when they go.
i see the pure thrills aching through you,
but my cynical mind screams ominous dread.
it's not much,
but i am here.
Alexzia Ferdinand's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (for a friend by Alexzia Ferdinand )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Odia Poem- To Apekshyare mu, Jitendra seth
- आंनि बोरै गोरोन्थि जाखो, Ronjoy Brahma
- Odia Poem- JHADA, Jitendra seth
- Gratitude, Mallika Achuthan Menon
- My Thoughts, Michael P. McParland
- Impact of snow climate., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- My limbs, gajanan mishra
- PARUI POLICE BRUTALITY, Bireswar Halder
- Sacred Kailas, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- VIRTUAL POET FRIENDS, Philo Yan