for a friend
and i'll be here for you
when you fall.
i've read the end of
your well written book.
he always ends up leaving cinderella in the end,
the eternal sunset bleeds away.
i've seen and known and loved and lost.
my friend i fear for
your eyes, now so bright
i fear for
your mind, now in the clouds
most though, i fear for
your heart, now full.
they tend to scatter the pieces when they go.
i see the pure thrills aching through you,
but my cynical mind screams ominous dread.
it's not much,
but i am here.
Alexzia Ferdinand's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (for a friend by Alexzia Ferdinand )
- Love Burns, Angela K Brown
- Broken Love, Angela K Brown
- All of Me, Angela K Brown
- Rain, Angela K Brown
- Stay With Me, Angela K Brown
- seriously though, the ending is dope, Mandolyn ...
- Performing A Musical, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Separation of the women who resemble sui.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- The Light The Night Sows, Walid Lounes Bouzerar
- Lasting Sorrow, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)