..............For Each A Sacred Grove
Old light shines in your eyes. You freeze.
A buck with cloven hooves. Ivory burned antlers.
Royal Stag...who named you so?
Royal Stag...who is your family?
Royal Stag...challenge is born today.
Mother...birth protective. Curling her fawn.
Mother...birth destructive. Blood beckoning.
Birth waters soaked into cloven printed earth.
No water redemption this time. Time gone. Gone.
Red. Red to be. And again...red.
Sacred Grove...silent anticipation.
Sacred Grove...antlered shadows.
Waiting. Still. Earth slows, slows. Stops.
Clashes shattering, snowballing myth to life.
Old Stag...no gods' offering.
Old Stag...blooded dirt beneath you.
Young Stag paws earth
with cloven hoof.
Years protective of advancing Light.
elysabeth faslund's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (..............For Each A Sacred Grove by elysabeth faslund )
- Morning, Sara Hopkins
- My India (Hindi) भारत अपना, S.D. TIWARI
- from 'The Double' VIII, Morgan Michaels
- MY DOLL, Ritusmera Mundakkal
- Hope and promises, hasmukh amathalal
- September Rain, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Elusive Is Zen, Tad Russell
- Analogy, Angela K Brown
- Anxiety, Angela K Brown
- Searching for Truth, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)