I am for forever
As ever is for you.
I know that all along I knew
That you alone are for ever.
Now I truly do see
That you, immortal being
And seeing what you are seeing,
Are what I truly wish to be.
After nevermore's reminding
Of my lost and dying ember,
I can actually remember
What in void I now am finding.
And after I have long employed
As to whether or not you belong,
For you live the never nothing song,
I see you are indeed void of void.
And you are naught of imperfection.
You are perfect's embodiment,
Your awesome spirit never bent,
And so I want for your affection
Never know what they mean to me,
The words and looks that take no voice.
I wait for you to make your choice,
Never defining eternity.
Stephen Carey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For Ever by Stephen Carey )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- On My Father's Yortsayt, Abraham Sutzkever
- The Bottom Line, Abraham Sutzkever
- Inside Me, Abraham Sutzkever
- नोँनि हाइनायाव, Bahadur Basumatary
- Paris 1988, Abraham Sutzkever
- Remembrances Of Others, Abraham Sutzkever
- Everything But God, Anne Pierson Wiese
- All Night Long, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Tell Me, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Our Mentor (Acrostic Poem), Marvin Brato Sr