I am for forever
As ever is for you.
I know that all along I knew
That you alone are for ever.
Now I truly do see
That you, immortal being
And seeing what you are seeing,
Are what I truly wish to be.
After nevermore's reminding
Of my lost and dying ember,
I can actually remember
What in void I now am finding.
And after I have long employed
As to whether or not you belong,
For you live the never nothing song,
I see you are indeed void of void.
And you are naught of imperfection.
You are perfect's embodiment,
Your awesome spirit never bent,
And so I want for your affection
Never know what they mean to me,
The words and looks that take no voice.
I wait for you to make your choice,
Never defining eternity.
Stephen Carey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For Ever by Stephen Carey )
- THE COME BACK., Terry Collett
- The smell that brought back memories, Sneha R.V
- About Me, Sreeram Vasudevan
- Maturity, RAJESH.C BOSE
- Exhausted, Paola Degli Esposti
- Emptiness, michael walkerjohn
- Invisible Love, Kumarmani Mahakul
- When Fishes Flew, Gilbert Keith Chesterton
- Restricted And Limited, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Song of Elf, Gilbert Keith Chesterton
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- In The Forest, Sarojini Naidu
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Prayer in Spring, Robert Frost
- A Lover's Complaint, William Shakespeare
- Coromandel Fishers, Sarojini Naidu
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 January 1887 – 20 January 1962)