For My Love
How can I hope to hide
From memories and pain that I keep inside?
How can I hope to let it go
When I try to talk and my throat turns to stone?
I can see it in your eyes
When I hurt and it makes you cry
Do you know you're my only saving grace?
I see redemption when I look at your beautiful face
You are my soul outside my body, my heart outside my chest
I feel so ashamed to let you see the parts that aren't my best
When you asked what you could do I told you 'Nothing' but that wasn't right.
You can stay with me here and let me hold you tight.
Asper Reynolds's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For My Love by Asper Reynolds )
- An Invitation, Doyen Lingua
- Bougainvillea, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Enamored Love, Lilly Emery
- October Skies, Lilly Emery
- What if, Chris Zachariou
- Within My Mind Holds Dreams, Lilly Emery
- citizen, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- A Treat, Please, Bruce Larkin
- I Love Halloween!, Bruce Larkin
- Wal-Mart are You Joking?, Joe Rosochacki
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)