For My Love
How can I hope to hide
From memories and pain that I keep inside?
How can I hope to let it go
When I try to talk and my throat turns to stone?
I can see it in your eyes
When I hurt and it makes you cry
Do you know you're my only saving grace?
I see redemption when I look at your beautiful face
You are my soul outside my body, my heart outside my chest
I feel so ashamed to let you see the parts that aren't my best
When you asked what you could do I told you 'Nothing' but that wasn't right.
You can stay with me here and let me hold you tight.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For My Love by Asper Reynolds )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Poem of the Day
- Wanting To Feel, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Submonition, Dorothy Kardas, Psy.D. Th.D.
- HURT, Rosie Bourget
- I'm Kunta, Ivan Brooks Sr
- Martin Chuzzlewit II, douglas scotney
- In my head., Jessica Amburgey
- Groove Of A New Sound, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Depths Of Remembering, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 185, John Westlake
- Wash over me., Jessica Amburgey