For My Love
How can I hope to hide
From memories and pain that I keep inside?
How can I hope to let it go
When I try to talk and my throat turns to stone?
I can see it in your eyes
When I hurt and it makes you cry
Do you know you're my only saving grace?
I see redemption when I look at your beautiful face
You are my soul outside my body, my heart outside my chest
I feel so ashamed to let you see the parts that aren't my best
When you asked what you could do I told you 'Nothing' but that wasn't right.
You can stay with me here and let me hold you tight.
Asper Reynolds's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For My Love by Asper Reynolds )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- To Like Is Not to Love, Sandra Feldman
- Byrne-Milliron at dusk, Jeffrey Tillery
- longest ever tattoo (unfinished), lee fones
- Together..... My Love And I, Lora Colon
- VOICE OF REDEMPTION, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- And...Enter The Children, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Quickened Methods To Destroy, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Love Is In The Air, Lilly Emery
- THE MULES' TIME زمن البغال, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sing Along Song, Sandra Feldman