(brief renderings) Joe Fazio
For...One And All
Ode those that would place their family, before their
Ode, to the soul of our nation. Women. For if it is men,
that are the history, it is surely woman, that are the soul.
Ode, to those who provide, protect and guide
their loved ones.
Ode, to those that know the difference, between
compromising and belief.
Ode, to all who give their lives, in
time of war; especially the majority, for
they are mostly, from economically challenge areas.
Ode, to a rare breed of politician, who puts their
constitutes, before their political ambitions.
Ode to those that understand, that their religion is not
necessarily the one and true religion. For if that were
true, what of the billions of others, that have chosen
a religion, not likened to theirs?
Ode, to all who react, to the plight of those less fortunate.
Ode, to the parents of this world, who teach their children
the values of life and living.
Ode, to the countless millions, who give of themselves and
ask nothing in return.
Ode, to those who consciously attempt, to make this a better world.
For if we want a better world, each of us, must try and be better.
Ode, to the power, that causes words that are lodged in the
birth canal of life...to finally be born.
© Joe Fazio
(brief renderings) Joe Fazio's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For...One And All by (brief renderings) Joe Fazio )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- I Truly Love you, Michael P. McParland
- Hand on Stomach, Mae AC.
- I Still Read.........For Sandra Feldman, Michael P. McParland
- Slouches, Mae AC.
- My Keyboard Gentely Weeps, Michael P. McParland
- My Gift, Michael P. McParland
- Raises Eyebrows, Mae AC.
- My Friend Mee Too, Michael P. McParland
- My Dear Sweet Kira, Michael P. McParland
- My Angel, Michael P. McParland