For Someone Special
To be a ladies man is not in my background
And one with more appeal than me quite easily found
And though I've never sent you any flowers
If thought time could be measured I've thought of you for hours.
I love you for your bright and cheerful way
The way you smile and laugh and say good day
Your friends all say how wonderful you are
And to find your equal one might travel far.
And with those sentiments I must agree
For you have been such a dear friend to me
A role model on whom I can depend
And I hope you'll always be my trusted friend.
So many people speak so well of you
And to your many friends you've remained true
And to help others you've gone out of your way
It's no wonder people nice things of you say.
Of singing your praises I could never tire
And you'll always be the woman I admire
And I'll always love you for the way you are
And to find your equal one might travel far
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For Someone Special by Francis Duggan )
- Dying roosters, Nikola Pajtic
- Narcissus, Mark Heathcote
- Birthday, bryan wallace
- My Jason Lytle Suggestion, Mark R. Elias
- Poetic Aspirations, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Nappy Change, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Holding Closely, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rock an' Roller, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Living With An Open Heart, Renee Marie
- Love Burns, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Heather Burns