For Tara On Her Birthday
(to the tune of 'O Danny Boy')
Tara McHale, i love the words you wrote me
you're never stale, your eyes smile 'cross the sea
tho' i stand tall, a happy lowly Yankee
i cannot help but dream of being Mr. T.
The winter's gone, the buds they're all a bloomin'
'tis you 'tis you, whose comments stoke my pride
& whilst i'm drunk, or stoned or even shroomin'
i'd envy any man could claim you for a bride.
Tho never soft, i hear your sweet voice warming
to every heart whose ears might linger near
while 'round your laughter all good souls are swarming
your thoughtful verses merit more than just a sigh.
But if you come, to comment on my word play
from that green, and hilly place called home
there will be joy where'e'r i sit for reading
Tara McHale Tara McHale i love you so (repeat)
Cretan Maineiac's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For Tara On Her Birthday by Cretan Maineiac )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- What You Create, Susan Lacovara
- LEARNING 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- VIRTUES VS. TRUTH, Beryl Dov
- LOVE VS. SCIENCE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- SUNRISE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- BACK STABBING 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Dispersion of Time, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Honour Killing (For The Arabic People), Bijay Kant Dubey
- You Are In My Way, Susan Lacovara
- I FORGIVE YOU 10 WORD, Beryl Dov