For the 25th Anniversary
Have you ever taken notice,
just how blue that winter sky seems?
Fresher than spearmint
and clearer than ice
Lazily the challenged sun
bobs across this treacly path.
Straining but not stretching,
as it saves its warmth
for far off days
I see this sky!
It tilts my neck,
to take in views of jet-fuelled furrows,
strafing home from south to north,
before the dogleg for New York..
Here beneath the flight path
of the scattered 259
whose atoms won’t relent their grip
and bring us back to our senseless world.
I watch the planes fly overhead
as they look down on me.
Between us lay the passengers
of Pan Am 103.
Dan Reynolds's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For the 25th Anniversary by Dan Reynolds )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- eat it up like yeah?, Mandolyn ...
- EVIL'S INEVITABLE, FAST, AND FREE FALL, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Doomed, Kyle Schlicher
- Memory Without Remorse, Kyle Schlicher
- Question Answered, Kyle Schlicher
- Spearmint Leaves, Saiom Shriver
- THIS LIFE IS UP-SIDE-DOWN هذه الحياة متك.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Islands of Flowers, Marilyn Lott
- Home-makers, Dr Deena Padayachee
- I APOLOGIZE FOR YOU, MOHAMMAD SKATI