For The Lost Verses
Like a childless mother after a miscarriage.
I cry for the verses that i have buried.
Like most of those wise poems
They vanish into thin air
Never to return again.
For the lost verses which could have uttered wisdom
At an odd hour, odd minute, odd second, odd moment
They came to me seeking to be scribbled on paper.
Preoccupied was i,
Busy with other things forgetting mine duty.
For those unborn stanzas i cry
Stanzas full of vibe and rhythm
How could i forget to be your lover?
And forget to pen you down?
Call me bitter-sweet lover dear poem,
Because i haven't been good to you.
To my unborn verses i swear on my very tools: pen and paper
I will deliver you till i can bear no more.
Dash Black's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For The Lost Verses by Dash Black )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Wonderful World, fareha fatima
- COPLA 88 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Nature's Law, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Irritation Of Gestures, Naveed Akram
- OVER THE ROCK OF SUICIDE فوق صخرة الانتحار, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Just For the Record, Joyce Sutphen
- lonely wanderer, The lonely wanderer
- The day my angel died, whole world cried, The lonely wanderer
- the day I get to call you mine, The lonely wanderer
- No goal, hasmukh amathalal