For The Lost Verses
Like a childless mother after a miscarriage.
I cry for the verses that i have buried.
Like most of those wise poems
They vanish into thin air
Never to return again.
For the lost verses which could have uttered wisdom
At an odd hour, odd minute, odd second, odd moment
They came to me seeking to be scribbled on paper.
Preoccupied was i,
Busy with other things forgetting mine duty.
For those unborn stanzas i cry
Stanzas full of vibe and rhythm
How could i forget to be your lover?
And forget to pen you down?
Call me bitter-sweet lover dear poem,
Because i haven't been good to you.
To my unborn verses i swear on my very tools: pen and paper
I will deliver you till i can bear no more.
Dash Black's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For The Lost Verses by Dash Black )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Whispers, Mihaela Pirjol
- For Your Family Pride, Are You Going To .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Tears of A Woman, Who Can Underatnd .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love Is A Groovy Thing, Electric Lady
- I Think, tallulah montegue
- Fill Free, Teye Wayoe Ebenezer
- The Unabridged Treaty, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Fron(t) s, Leylek D. Sovura
- Ode to the Old and Tired, tallulah montegue
- What Sort of Judges Are They Who Conside.., Bijay Kant Dubey