For your benefit
For your benefit.
Another rat inside a cage,
An experiment gone wrong;
So set me free, or kill your slave,
Or please just let me go.
I have my rage locked in a cage,
It’s ready to explode.
My teeth are razors and my claws are sharp;
My blood is running cold.
It’s scary here, they smell your fear,
They like to cause you pain.
It’s all so dark, I cry, I hurt,
Things will always be this way.
Entrapped by them, to do as they wish,
My needs are ignored, I am unable to think,
Or do anything you take for granted,
Here they come again, time for another scraping.
Another patch where they took my skin,
Just chopped it off, did they think about me?
When they cut us up and then wait for us to die,
Give us exercise in a maze, then pour acid in our eyes.
Oh that smells nice, it’s a new perfume,
I’m choking, I’m blind, what the Hell are you doing?
Experimenting? I’m just a little mouse,
They chopped off my tail, to make me less immense.
I’m too fat for them, so they starve me in my cage,
There are hundreds of us here, we know we won’t be saved.
Were just to be used, to help the human race,
So goodbye to life and happiness, come burn me once again.
(C) 2013 Aa Harvey. All Rights Reserved.
AaI Harvey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For your benefit by AaI Harvey )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- A proposal to wake up, none .....
- Dreams are All That Remain, Rohit Sapra
- Flowers By The Roadside, Maurice Rowlands
- You are born to be a poet, ramesh rai
- Beautiful flower, gajanan mishra
- A Fool, crystal ruth
- The Game, douglas scotney
- Cover Me With You, George Dee Vuy
- Loss In A Mirror, Naveed Akram
- Angelwalk 2, Mr. Spock