RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Sitting close to a forbidden place, able to reach out and touch the entrance to it.
Watching sunlight dance and shimmer through traces of designs upon it's windows.
Twelve rectangular windows, like twelve apostles waiting, standing guard so no one unanticipated can pass through.
Deadbolt standing rigidly on the door, a key hole beckoning to explore labyrinths beyond the entrance.
Wonder, full of curiosity - wanting to see what lies beyond the reach of sight.
Touching softly, tongs of my mind, echoing and reechoing my heart's curious desires.
Feeling gentle urging from within to go exploring, is hard to ignore.
Especially when my mind is being tantalized by curiosity and unknowing.
Walking silently across my mind, figuring out ways to get inside and see the wonder of my imagining.
Sitting close to a forbidden place, able to reach out and touch the entrance to it - yet cannot get beyond the door except in my imagination.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Forbidden Place by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
Emmanuel George Cefai
(12th March 1955)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Russell Edson
(22 March 1941 -)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Taking Off Emily Dickinson's Clothes, Billy Collins
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Dear Dad ..... [a PARODY; HUMOR; SHORT; .., Bri Edwards
- Just Sex..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- It's Not About Science, Just Satellites..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Woman And Time..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Firmament, Margaret Ann Newcomb
- Petits morceaux, Lubinda Lubinda
- For Edgar Allan Poe With All Gratitude..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- It Takes Tears to..., Rodney R. Cooper
- It Takes Tears, Rodney R. Cooper
- My life, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken