RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Sitting close to a forbidden place, able to reach out and touch the entrance to it.
Watching sunlight dance and shimmer through traces of designs upon it's windows.
Twelve rectangular windows, like twelve apostles waiting, standing guard so no one unanticipated can pass through.
Deadbolt standing rigidly on the door, a key hole beckoning to explore labyrinths beyond the entrance.
Wonder, full of curiosity - wanting to see what lies beyond the reach of sight.
Touching softly, tongs of my mind, echoing and reechoing my heart's curious desires.
Feeling gentle urging from within to go exploring, is hard to ignore.
Especially when my mind is being tantalized by curiosity and unknowing.
Walking silently across my mind, figuring out ways to get inside and see the wonder of my imagining.
Sitting close to a forbidden place, able to reach out and touch the entrance to it - yet cannot get beyond the door except in my imagination.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Forbidden Place by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Alive, Spiritwind Wood
- The Noble Mountain, Kevin Maroney
- The Vampire diaries, Putri Misnia Shary Bahri (Sh ..
- Holding on & letting go, Putri Misnia Shary Bahri (Sh ..
- A Dream True, Spiritwind Wood
- My Beautiful Hello, Ryan Lee Morris
- The Rabbit, Vera Sidhwa
- Forever On You Shine, Spiritwind Wood
- All That We Have Known, Spiritwind Wood
- Keep This Noticed To Know It, Lawrence S. Pertillar