Palas Kumar Ray
Because I wanted her to go.
Wanted her to go being hurt.
For hurting her I plotted the show
Just alike a smart director would do.
She came, as used to come as friend.
But either God or Devil played in my mind.
I wished her to go and not to come back again
For I knew, a new life I was about to begin.
I knew she would come to stay this time.
She would come to gift me my heart back.
She knew I longed so long for it so cared
She came to heal but returned her eyes blurred.
She came unaware of the fact going wrong.
She didn't know when I got changed.
She came with her smile as she would come.
Not aware that I decided her to dump.
As friend she came to meet me but you see
I received her as honorable guest.
so courteous I never used to be.
As perfect host I served her food and tea.
Before going she tried to find me in me
hiding behind the mask, not seen.
behaving like a stranger to a friend
very well could I enact till the end.
Her smiling face had gloom before she went
I knew I could make it get her trapped
in thoughts that would not let her feel
Back to see what made me make such deal.
Not having my heart returned to me.
Knowing but it lost it's worth be born,
somewhere she might have thrown it away.
Since then Heartless I'm happy going in my way.
© Palas Kumar Ray.All rights reserved.
Topic(s): love hurts
Palas Kumar Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Forever Gone by Palas Kumar Ray )
- The enduring admiration, Benjamin Sundstrom
- A.Blok, May's been cruel...- translation.., Lyudmila Purgina
- The Secret of My love, Hanh Chau
- Submission of Poem, Vera Sidhwa
- The Hungry, Randy McClave
- You are not changed, ramesh rai
- The Poet called Light, Light Mark
- Stripes, Mike Acker
- Rocks like Milky Ways, Mikey Bachman
- Opportunities, Peter S. Quinn
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- A Ballad of Death, Algernon Charles Swinburne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)