Linda Marie Van Tassell
Forever This Way
We woo the angels high in heaven above
and warm hearts grown cold from lack of love.
We linger as lovers beneath far-distant plains,
whispers drifting ashore in amorous quatrains.
Our story, a touch, that moves without word.
Silent chimes of beauty are suddenly heard.
Inarticulate breathings from love's holy shrine.
Love is the faith that leads toward the divine.
All things shall pass, all birds must fly;
yet, love is the only thing never to die.
Sweet like a dream, when once love is found,
nothing can stop it nor turn it around.
Forever this way, below a melding of streams,
we live in the love on a ship of dreams.
No waters could drown it, put it to sleep.
Love is yet deeper when buried so deep.
Linda Marie Van Tassell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Forever This Way by Linda Marie Van Tassell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Beginning The Day, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Split Second, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- It is no surprise, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Spiritual Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Saw Planets, Naveed Akram
- Saviour By The Road Side, Juwon Daniel
- went a walk, lee fones
- The Moon's Present Woe, cheryl davis miller
- Funeral, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Mount Patsy Land, Richard Thripp