Linda Marie Van Tassell
Forever This Way
We woo the angels high in heaven above
and warm hearts grown cold from lack of love.
We linger as lovers beneath far-distant plains,
whispers drifting ashore in amorous quatrains.
Our story, a touch, that moves without word.
Silent chimes of beauty are suddenly heard.
Inarticulate breathings from love's holy shrine.
Love is the faith that leads toward the divine.
All things shall pass, all birds must fly;
yet, love is the only thing never to die.
Sweet like a dream, when once love is found,
nothing can stop it nor turn it around.
Forever this way, below a melding of streams,
we live in the love on a ship of dreams.
No waters could drown it, put it to sleep.
Love is yet deeper when buried so deep.
Linda Marie Van Tassell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Forever This Way by Linda Marie Van Tassell )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Man He Killed, Thomas Hardy
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- ROAD FROM PARIS 1970, Terry Collett
- '' O '', Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Short and Sweet, Brittany Veloso
- PH: Echo: True Love, Brian Johnston
- Snow Blind..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Nostalgia, Rimni chakravarty
- The Spirit-World, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Blinded by stress, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Of Fauns Of Satyrs, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The next activity, Emmanuel George Cefai