Forget Me Notes
Your fingers glide across the strings of the guitar you hold
Each reverberating sound echos across my skin
Digging deep like claws
Carving your song into my soul
As if to remind me that I am yours
As if I could forget
Begging me to move closer to the stage
You call to me with your playing
You tease me with your lower notes
Like feathered strokes
Then strike like lightning when your chords highten
Sending chills up my spine
Who could forget that?
A particular note causes my knees to weaken
And I begin to fear I wont reach you before the song ends
Your playing quickens
Like a mocking of my rapid heart beats
A final note as the song ends
I am saddened I will not hear more
But the chords still echo
Unforgotten within me.
Kimara Young's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Forget Me Notes by Kimara Young )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- INCONSTANT LOVE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- HAIKU...The Good Die Young, Ken e Hall
- I Know, Lyn Paul
- Those Who Know, Monk E. Biz
- peaches on the side, Mandolyn ...
- i could have made s'mores, Mandolyn ...
- Song: State of Fear, Dave SmithWhite
- there's an element in the room, Mandolyn ...
- Goodbye 2014, Michael McParland
- Holding Moments In Cupped Hands, RoseAnn V. Shawiak