Forget My Name...
Everything goes down in flames
When I receive the fates embrace
And not a single thing remains
When it's not you, but only pain...
I know i shall not feel tormented
I shall not cry or bow my head
Although my heart will never be mended
My mind will be ready facing the reality ahead!
My rational voice tells me to stop
To turn away and just to drop
To leave you and never come back
It takes my hole spirit apart...
But that, my dear is just a small drop
Until you came and took my hand
Until you look me in the eyes
Until I kiss your lips of ice...
You took my soul to higher reaches
You charmed my senses and my mind,
And now i have just discovered
That you secretly made me blind...
These word are not written with hate
There are not meant to cry aloud,
But please, my not so dear love-mate,
Can you just leave my name behind...?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Forget My Name... by Mircea Bogdan )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Resolutions, Gordon Ayisi
- Bird Protectors, Saiom Shriver
- the spoken, oskar hansen
- The may, Albert Basumatary
- where gloves meet skin, Mandolyn ...
- THE LAW, glen pugh
- A Butterfly Now, Kyle Schlicher
- To My Friend, A Sonnet, Luis Estable
- My Assignment.(limerick), BADMUS JUBRIL
- I Wait For You, Kyle Schlicher