Forgiveness and Relief
i disappointed you
and hurt myself in the process.
i just need you to know that i am sorry
that i have torn my heart apart-fretting about
what you will say, how you will react, how i will feel
you were calm......and gentle.
forgiving and loving......and concerned.
thank you-you saved me from multiple days
of heartache, from self rebuke, and shame. thank you
for caring, and not being too firm; for being little and meek;
for seeing my overwhelming, self-inflicted pain;
for seeing me as the adult that you taught me to be.
im sorry....i love you.
written 1-24-08 for my daddy
Baby Blue's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Forgiveness and Relief by Baby Blue )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- That There Should Be Flowers There, mary douglas
- Tetracty Dry Grass, Heather Burns
- On The Highway Of Life, Heather Burns
- Angel With Ferns In A Far Landscape, mary douglas
- Theres A Place, Heather Burns
- Plum Tree, Kyle Schlicher
- Suffusing My Heart In Sunrise, mary douglas
- A Promise Made, Kyle Schlicher
- Our Children, Heather Burns
- Going Home, Heather Burns