Forgiveness and Relief
i disappointed you
and hurt myself in the process.
i just need you to know that i am sorry
that i have torn my heart apart-fretting about
what you will say, how you will react, how i will feel
you were calm......and gentle.
forgiving and loving......and concerned.
thank you-you saved me from multiple days
of heartache, from self rebuke, and shame. thank you
for caring, and not being too firm; for being little and meek;
for seeing my overwhelming, self-inflicted pain;
for seeing me as the adult that you taught me to be.
im sorry....i love you.
written 1-24-08 for my daddy
Baby Blue's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Forgiveness and Relief by Baby Blue )
- Tum Muze Kaha Pyar Dete Ho, ravipal bharshankar
- When He's Not Here, Lora Colon
- Charlotte Old Times (The Cure), B.. Alexander
- Cardinal flower, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Down the Memory Lane, Valsa George
- I Miss You, Viola Hughes
- Little Grass, wasim Akram
- Silence of graveyard, ramesh rai
- Stand Small, Von Kimball Barney
- This Friendship Has Sunk, Francie Lynch