Life is an incomplete puzzle,
With every piece the picture becomes clearer.
Sometimes you lose a piece or two,
The same way we get lost when we are alone.
There are a lot of different puzzles out there,
Just like we are all different.
Some puzzles take longer to put together,
And some take no time at all.
Some puzzles have a thousand pieces,
And some have ten.
Some puzzles are special enough that they get glued together,
And they are then hung on a wall to be displayed for everyone to see.
Some puzzles are put together and taken apart a million times.
Sometimes puzzles are thrown away and forgotten about,
In the end all puzzles find a time when they are no longer put together,
They sit in a box never to see the light of day again.
People can be the same way in a sense.
We are all complex; we are all displayed at some point in our life,
But then comes the times when we are thrown away, forgotten by others,
Or we lose something that we will never have again.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Forgotten by Cassie Holt )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Police station, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- dard sehkar bhi, Yashvardhan Goel
- Three Coins For Her Love, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Unknown life's beauty, binod bastola
- A wilted story, Eleonora Bistrianu
- Gently Placing Emotions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Predicting The Future, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The American Dream, Is It Poetry
- The One Nobody Wants, Paul Burt
- Beauty Of Another Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak