Life is an incomplete puzzle,
With every piece the picture becomes clearer.
Sometimes you lose a piece or two,
The same way we get lost when we are alone.
There are a lot of different puzzles out there,
Just like we are all different.
Some puzzles take longer to put together,
And some take no time at all.
Some puzzles have a thousand pieces,
And some have ten.
Some puzzles are special enough that they get glued together,
And they are then hung on a wall to be displayed for everyone to see.
Some puzzles are put together and taken apart a million times.
Sometimes puzzles are thrown away and forgotten about,
In the end all puzzles find a time when they are no longer put together,
They sit in a box never to see the light of day again.
People can be the same way in a sense.
We are all complex; we are all displayed at some point in our life,
But then comes the times when we are thrown away, forgotten by others,
Or we lose something that we will never have again.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Forgotten by Cassie Holt )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(November 1, 1871 – June 5, 1900)
(19 April 1928 - 26 December 2006)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Pessimist Vs. Optimist, Sujay Asukar
- In And Out Of Existence, Margaret Alice Second
- aChe HiLLy's Heal - oN thE hEELs oF eVeR.., sEaN nOrTh
- Pretty Eyes, Jack Abdallah
- The Heavy Thumb, Gouda Moon
- hope of hopes, Thampi KEE
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -99, Ronjoy Brahma
- But It's Over, Tex T Sarnie
- The Opposing Thumb, Gouda Moon
- जोनोमगिरि आय, Ronjoy Brahma