Divided into two, facing sardonic remark,
Analyzing the future that might become dark.
Either to surrender to cruel forces,
Or to be an exemplary for others.
A thought too provoking,
Resulting in a pain that is too excruciating.
Devils laughing, feeling strong,
Demonic bonding, a chain too long.
Thin, fat, tall and short,
All united to defeat the noble cause.
Saints suppressed getting aghast,
Witnessing feebly devastating thoughts.
A lean figure battling alone,
Fighting constantly not to moan,
All ready to be lapdogs,
Light vanishing into the fog.
An army of minions waiting quietly,
Ready to kill, working silently.
Suddenly I see a flash of lightning,
Due to thundering storm the devils start sweating.
The dark gets defeated succumbing to death,
The savior rejoices over the eternal source of mirth.
Contentment prevails restoring the glory of past,
Leaving the Satan annihilated and aghast.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Forgotten Glory by Mallika Tripathi )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- For Francis Jude Omoto (1982-2006), Dankaro Osazee
- Haiku Snowflakes, Kwai Chee Low
- रंजानाय फैगौ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Haiku Christmas is Here, Kwai Chee Low
- Snowman, Kwai Chee Low
- Heralding Christmas, Kwai Chee Low
- Under the Mistletoe, Kwai Chee Low
- Silent Nature, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sorry, Sorry, Sorry To Say That, Pijush Biswas
- Let Me Stand Here, gajanan mishra