metamorphhh (aka jim crawford)
Forum Assorted Nuts and Dolts-3.1
Metaphors are really bad,
so use them every day!
Communication is the key!
Throw metaphors away!
Except in poem titles, of course,
and in almost every line.
But if you use just one, or two,
at least make sure they rhyme.
‘Cause rhyming is a long, long road,
and free verse breaks my heart.
Be sure to read the signposts, son-
that’s where the lovin’ starts!
metamorphhh (aka jim crawford)'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Forum Assorted Nuts and Dolts-3.1 by metamorphhh (aka jim crawford) )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(15 September 1889 – 22 May 1948)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Love, Baki Yigit
- Hopeless Romantic, Shane Clawson
- Firebird Sunset, Salvatore Ala
- Flicker, Jessica Paige Davies
- I will always return, Jessica Paige Davies
- They are my horses, Jessica Paige Davies
- HOW THEY ALL FALL, Terry Collett
- Caucus at the Parking Meter, Donal Mahoney
- A Small Something, Jessica Paige Davies
- Shrouded, Jessica Paige Davies