Fossils & Artifacts
I went to a museum yesterday
to look at what was left
of the ancient Egyptian society,
it made me sad to think that
they left behind such grand and beautiful things
and all we're going to leave behind
are wired and empty deodorant bottles.
We passed the paleontology hall
on the way out,
it's always been my favorite
because I like seeing all the creatures
that ruled the world with so much
more care than us.
Hopefully our art painted and written
on paper will last longer than
our plastic waste
so there will be so proof that
we are still forgivable.
Sammi Ama's Other Poems
- Abuelita's Gardening Tips
- As a reminder of who I truly am and what...
- Bits of Me
- Careful what you wish for
- Circles of You
- Don't expect me to say this out loud
- Eleven things that have happened since I...
- Filling Up the Pieces
- Five is a bad number but at least it's g...
- Forget Freedom
- Fossils & Artifacts
- From the three nights I spent with you
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.