Is It Poetry
No one really checks to see.
Do they really care?
Some place else a brothers from
he puts his finger in
Mummy dearest eats the worm
and now he is ashamed
They target the right ones
and the parents know the children
have no credibility
she becomes pregnant
and he has a bottle of the morning after pills
while his wife has her own
and is a certified nurse practitioner.
My daughter wasn't meant to see corruption
on this scale.
Is It Poetry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Foster Parent's by Is It Poetry )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Paul Laurence Dunbar
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)