Mark R Slaughter
Nitro-this and cyano-that –
Descriptors of a cloud aflat
Upon a lea –
We turn, and let it be.
I draw the smoke from fine cigars
To lessen stress of mind –
Environmental death has come.
Who cares! I must unwind!
They pump the iron and
Silicone bags are much the same –
The common lie to cheat a woman –
Either way it’s all a game!
Funny, really –
Chemical tits and musculature
Replace the brain to reproduce –
A lump or two to grope in fun –
Decorum slipping down the sluice!
Copyright © Mark R Slaughter 2011
Mark R Slaughter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Four Stanzas by Mark R Slaughter )
Did you read them?
- Love Is The Flame, Lilly Emery
- A HERE WE PART و من هنا نفترق, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Fading Into Yesterday, Heather Burns
- Love Never Truly Ends, Lilly Emery
- Oh Mediterranean Sea, Lilly Emery
- Calculating The Odds, Kyle Schlicher
- Wind Poem, Kyle Schlicher
- Vietnam Sunset, Kyle Schlicher
- Standing On The Edge, Lilly Emery
- Underneath The Rock, Kyle Schlicher