Mark R Slaughter
Nitro-this and cyano-that –
Descriptors of a cloud aflat
Upon a lea –
We turn, and let it be.
I draw the smoke from fine cigars
To lessen stress of mind –
Environmental death has come.
Who cares! I must unwind!
They pump the iron and
Silicone bags are much the same –
The common lie to cheat a woman –
Either way it’s all a game!
Funny, really –
Chemical tits and musculature
Replace the brain to reproduce –
A lump or two to grope in fun –
Decorum slipping down the sluice!
Copyright © Mark R Slaughter 2011
Mark R Slaughter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Four Stanzas by Mark R Slaughter )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)