Fourteen More Days: by 'jeff siegel' (My Birthday gift)
In fourteen more days, you will have been grown.
Gone from the hearth that has always been home.
Is it my heart or fear that wish you to stay?
Only time can say in fourteen more days.
In fourteen more days, a heartbeat to me.
Time, a fiend, how could I forsee?
How quickly you move, without any delays,
My soul for trade, to slow these fourteen more days.
In fourteen more days, a woman you'll be.
With beauty and reason granted to thee.
With kindness and virtue, this they all say.
So selfish am I to keep it this way?
In fourteen more days, a shadow is what lies in your bed.
To hear the cock crow, now is to know,
I love you is what often should've been said.
In fourteen more days, I wish you the best.
With dreams in your bags, you'll be leaving the nest.
But to embrace the child is what I now pray.
And to keep her as such for fourteen more days.
Aya Nasr's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Fourteen More Days: by 'jeff siegel' (My Birthday gift) by Aya Nasr )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 February 1970-)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Carpe Diem, Naveed Khalid
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Tumhe main Peyar Nehi de, Kumar Vishwas
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Main To Jhonka Hu Hava Ka Ura Le Jaunga, Kumar Vishwas
Poem of the Day
- The Real Fruit, Nash Thomas
- Promise And Possibility, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poem N10, Kristian Djordjanov
- Poem N9, Kristian Djordjanov
- Misunderstood, LLDr. Gyd
- Poem N8, Kristian Djordjanov
- Poem N7, Kristian Djordjanov
- Twilight of Love, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Poem N6, Kristian Djordjanov
- Blesses Be, Clara Keiper