Free gift, free gift.
When would you have to pay?
Or when would a present not be free,
to put it a different way.
Free gift when you open a new account.
Free gift when you upgrade.
Free gift when you pay your fees upfront,
or have already paid.
Free gift, free gift?
surely a gift IS free.
Or should I add bills to my ribbons and frills
under the Christmas tree?
kate williams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Free Gift by kate williams )
- My Dear Sweet Kira, Michael McParland
- The Writing Competition!, Denis Martindale
- Daru Piyo, Talk To The Girl And Do Naxal.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love and Strange Horses—Intima', Nathalie Handal
- debris, oskar hansen
- Les Éventails, Portraits of Passion, Nathalie Handal
- The Hooked & Crooked Men As The Communis.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Star chat........., SALINI NAIR
- Chicane, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Just A Few Simple Words, Electric Lady
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1886 - 1967)