Freedom From Cage. :)
Beyond the limits of the sky,
I witness the soul of happiness fly,
Beneath the covering of the earth,
I feel the despair overcome with mirth.
Spectating the winds flowing,
There is something I feel unknowing,
I measure the deepness of my soul,
It reflects the face, I see at the shoal.
I step ahead to match the grace,
Trembling legs, along the distorted face,
The harshness seems to glow,
But the water of freedom, is ready to flow.
I find no reason to bind myself,
Whether it is for joy, or the greed of pelf,
I know not where I am heading,
And soon the pathways of my life fading.
Call it lies, or the agony of assuage..
I am ready to depart and leave the cage,
The applause of surroundings,
Bless me with thoughts pounding.
I look above, a one more time,
I look inside, a one more time,
I feel perplexed seldom,
But I am ready to leave, and head to freedom.
Tanishq Sharma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Some make us believe, some fills us with delusions..
A poem by me, describes the feelings and struggles, and finally the freedom from pains, where one can carry on with their heart's content.
Comments about this poem (Freedom From Cage. :) by Tanishq Sharma )
- THIS AUTUMN, Satish Verma
- खुशियाँ गौने से पहले ही... (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- A Fish Remains, Rohit Sapra
- My Heart Is Still Alive, Rohit Sapra
- Nwng2(Simangnisim), Swrji Basumatary
- Tuniapali Tracks On, Pintu Mahakul
- अपने तसव्वुर में जीने दे और (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- Life Is Good and Not Always Bad, Rohit Sapra
- Reciprocity, Valsa George
- The Spring After Him, Asma Riaz Khan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)